Please check with local authorities regarding travel restrictions. These are changing daily.
Summer travel plans haven’t exactly gone according to the itinerary…but that doesn’t mean you cant explore safely. This is typically a time of year when you plan the big family getaways – things are different now. Here are some suggestions and tips when deciding on your 2020 Summer plans:
1) Where will you go? Be sure to check with local authorities. This is constantly changing so stay up to date. If you’re ok with the 14 day quarantine upon return, that may make a difference! Additionally, how is the town protecting people locally? Are they requiring masks, actively social distancing….etc. Check the CDC for updates: www.cdc.gov
2) Will you fly or drive? Having a baby at home is certainly holding us back from flying. While airlines are cleaning according to CDC protocols and seats are being blocked off for social distancing, do you feel comfortable flying? We are road tripping for the rest of the Summer. Now is a great time to visit local destinations!
3) Where will you stay? Decide if your family will be more comfortable in a hotel or rental home. Many hotels are following CDC protocols for cleaning. But in a rental home, you can really clean and have a lot more space. I would feel comfortable at hotels in certain States and smaller, more boutique properties. However, my husband feels differently. Have the conversation and do what is best for your family.
4) How will you enjoy meals? If you are staying at hotel, it is important to understand their dining options. Especially a buffet breakfast that we once looked forward to. If you are staying at a house, plan for getting groceries either delivered or prior to arrival.
5) How will you keep your family entertained? Check locally if outdoor activities are open. Is there mini golf, a pool, a lake with boat rentals, a public beach? Spending time and money to just be staying indoors is truly not worth it right now. We are considering towns with a beach or lake – Sidney loves the water!
The travel industry is struggling more than any other industry right now. Deals and incentives are coming out so destinations can regain tourism. Think about how you can make safe choices for your family and tag us @TravelFitLove so we can see your summer adventures!